Milton Keynes Council’s Planning Team presented proposed development plans at a public meeting at Hanslope School on Tuesday evening ( 23rd February, 2016). Four possible options were presented. One option could create “satellite settlements” of between 5,000 and 10,000 houses in the rural part of MK, predominantly in the North of the borough and includes a possible new motorway junction. This option would impact Hanslope and the surrounding area. Councillor Andrew Geary led the question and answer session afterwards.
The full Strategic Directions Consultation document is available to view at:
- Milton Keynes Council Civic Offices
- All libraries across Milton Keynes
Key points from the presentation include:
- Nothing is set in stone (apart from the need for increased housing in MK)
- There is likely to be a hybrid approach taking in elements of all proposed options
- It is important that we all respond to the Public Consultation on Rural Satellite Settlements. The consultation is open until 5pm on Wednesday 6th April 2016.
Parish Councillors have prepared a list of points to consider when preparing your response:
You can provide your response via the following methods:
- Online via the consultation portal at: http://miltonkeynes-consult.objective.co.uk
- By email to PlanMK@milton-keynes.gov.uk
- By post to Development Plans Team, Milton Keynes Council, Civic Offices, 1 Saxon Gate East, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3EJ